Please visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/937458512999363/
Our previous "Urban Sketchers Ottawa" facebook page meant that the three administrators were the only ones who could post. We want you to post YOUR urban sketches for everyone to see.
Please Contribute Your Sketches!
Whether you have attended one of our organized sketching events or if you have spent the day urbansketching in Ottawa on your own, please share what you have sketched.
As with all of our Ottawa Urban Sketchers events, all ages and all skill levels are welcomed to join us and contribute.
There are just a few simple rules that apply:
Before sharing your drawings on our new facebook page, make sure they meet these basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto (below).
- You did the drawing on location, not from photos or memory.
- You have written the location of the sketch (town and state/country) in the headline
- No sketches from figure drawing sessions or posed models.
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.